A facelift – also known as a “rhytidectomy” – is a cosmetic surgical procedure that’s performed in order to rejuvenate and restore facial contouring. Ideally, a facelift can provide a patient with a younger-looking appearance, as excess skin, facial muscles, and skin is tightened, and contoured based on the patient’s desired outcomes. A facelift procedure is ideal for patients who are experiencing the following:
- You’re suffering from sagging skin, but you still have a fair amount of elasticity. As a facelift is designed to stretch the skin, you’ll need somewhat supple skin for this surgery to be successful.
- You are looking for a younger-looking appearance without utilizing fillers, skin injections, and other skin rejuvenation procedures.
- You have excess skin on your face. Excessive skin – typically around the jaw and neck areas – can be trimmed and removed during a traditional facelift.
Armen Serebrakian, M.D., double board-certified by the American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery and American Board of Head & Neck Surgery, specializes in facelift procedures at the the Bay Area Laser Cosmetic Surgery Center, an accredited and certified ambulatory surgery center. Dr. Serebrakian is renowned for performing facelifts with local anesthesia with sedation. The results are natural-looking, with the following additional benefits:
- Better results. By performing facelifts under local anesthesia, Dr. Serebrakian can monitor your facial expressions, muscles, and nerves, thus ensuring that you’ll enjoy natural-looking results. What’s more, this will prevent you from experiencing the “frozen” look, which some patients experience after undergoing a facelift with general anesthesia.
- More Safety. General anesthesia carries (often fatal) risks for a small number of individuals, including those who suffer from obesity, high blood pressure, addiction to smoking, and other risk factors. Local anesthesia, however, is safer to use, meaning patients have the option of adding other cosmetic procedures, such as a rhinoplasty or eyelid surgery.
- Quick Recovery. Because Dr. Serebrakian is using local anesthesia during the facelift procedure, patients can enjoy quicker recovery after the surgery has been completed. What’s more, many patients are able to return to work after just five to seven days, making this an ideal option for patients with busy schedules.
If you’re interested in learning more about the most natural-looking facelift procedure, without general anesthesia, schedule a consultation with Dr. Serebrakian at The Bay Area Laser Cosmetic Surgery Center. Our East Bay office, located in Pinole, serves Martinez, Berkeley and Walnut Creek. Our North Bay office, located in Larkspur, serves San Francisco and Marin county.
To learn more just fill out the form in the top left corner, or call 510-724-8282 for our East Bay office or 415-461-5755 for our North Bay office.