An eyelid lift – also known as a blepharoplasty – is a cosmetic surgery procedure that removes excess skin from the upper eyelid and eliminates sagging bags underneath the lower eyelid. The combination of these two treatments produces a more alert and youthful-looking appearance, as patients no longer appear tired, lethargic, or older than their actual years.
Wondering if you’re a candidate? An eyelid procedure is an ideal choice for individuals who are suffering from the following symptoms:
- Your eyes appear “tired,” no matter how much sleep you get.
- You have excessive skin hanging over your eyes, resulting in a “droopy” look.
- You have dark circles or bags underneath your eyes.
- You have puffy areas around your eyes.
Blepharoplasties are often performed under general anesthesia; however, Dr. Armen Serebrakian, double board-certified by the American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery and American Board of Head & Neck Surgery, of The Bay Area Laser Cosmetic Surgery Center, specializes in blepharoplasties under local anesthesia with sedation. The results are natural-looking, and patients often experience the following benefits:
- Restored Vision: For many patients, sagging eyes isn’t just dragging down their appearance; it’s also making it hard for them to enjoy total vision. An eyelid lift can remove drooping skin that’s impairing your vision, resulting in your eyesight – and more youthful-looking eyes – being restored.
- Enhanced Safety: For some individuals, general anesthesia represents a dangerous gamble, as this can have fatal results for a small number of patients who are suffering from obesity, have high blood pressure, are chronic smokers, and have a variety of other risk factors. Local anesthesia makes it possible for you to undergo an eyelid lift without worrying about the consequences.
What’s more, local anesthesia makes it possible for patients to enjoy more than one cosmetic procedure at the same time. For example, a patient who is undergoing an eyelid lift can also opt for a facelift or rhinoplasty within the same procedure.
- Minimal Recovery Time: As there’s no general anesthesia is being used, patients can recover from their procedures quickly, meaning that they can return back to work sooner than a surgical eyelid lift. This is perfect for patients who can’t afford to take off more than a week of work to recovery from an eyelid lift surgery.
If you’d like to learn more about an eyelid lift procedure that’s performed without general anesthesia, schedule a consultation with Dr. Serebrakian at The Bay Area Laser Cosmetic Surgery Center, serving the greater San Francisco area. Our East Bay office, located in Pinole, serves Martinez, Berkeley and Walnut Creek. Our North Bay office, located in Larkspur, serves San Francisco and Marin county.
To learn more just fill out the form in the top left corner, or call 510-724-8282 for our East Bay office or 415-461-5755 for our North Bay office.