Breast augmentation has become one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the country. Friends, sisters, mothers and daughters are choosing to be in charge of their breast size. And it’s no wonder. The surgery can definitely change your appearance in ways that can increase confidence and self-esteem if you’re looking to:
- Add some volume and lift after pregnancy
- Combat aging and gravity
- Achieve the size that nature didn’t provide
We encourage our patients who are interested in the procedure to make sure they don’t make the decision lightly when it comes to increasing the size of their breasts. Here is some basic advice for a successful breast augmentation to help you get started:
Good implants could go unnoticed, and that’s a good thing
The best breast augmentations look natural and don’t draw wide-eyed attention to themselves.
Ask your surgeon important questions. Here are three examples:
- Where will the incisions be made?
There are three main incision location options.
- Underneath the breast
- Bottom of areola
- Under the arm (armpit)
An incision under the breast is most popular because it heals well, hides well and gives your surgeon the best visualization.
- Should you have silicone or saline implants?
This can be a difficult decision based on many factors, including:
- Silicone implants have less rippling or wrinkling and a lower rate of deflation over time.
- Saline implants can be adjusted for size and symmetry after they are placed, also allowing the incisions to be smaller.
- What size should you get?
This can be the most difficult decision of all. You will want to consider your goals for your appearance, your lifestyle and your age, but it’s also important and helpful to discuss all of the variables with your surgeon. Call for a consultation appointment today: In Pinole (East Bay) call (510) 724-8282; In Larkspur (North Bay) call (415) 461-5755.
- Much of the decision on implant size is based on the width of the ribcage.
- Narrower patients do better with smaller implants.
- Implant “sizers” can help give you the best idea of what various sizes will look like under clothing prior to surgery.
Admit it. We’ve all worn a pair of shoes or pants that were too small or too big. Maybe the item was something we just had to have, but it didn’t come in our size, and we didn’t care – until later when we realized how uncomfortable we felt and how wrong we looked. The same is true when it comes to having breast augmentation surgery.
There’s a right size for you and it matters
You might be able to deal with clothing that’s a bit off size, but ill-fitting breasts aren’t so easy to change. If you’re considering a breast size that doesn’t fit your body, remember this: there are women out there choosing to have their natural breasts reduced so they can feel comfortable in their clothes and in their own skin. So if you’re going to undergo surgery to increase your breast size, you’re going to look and feel wrong if the size doesn’t fit you.
Get the natural look you want
The biggest mistake women usually make with their breast augmentation is going too big. But you might be surprised to learn that another mistake is not getting the implant pocket to sit just right. Make sure an experienced surgeon with a successful track record performs your surgery. Call for a consultation with Dr. Serebrakian today: Pinole (East Bay) office, call (510) 724-8282; Larkspur (North Bay) Office, call: (415) 461-5755.
Trust your surgeon to help you make the right decision
Take-home implant kits can help you discover a comfortable size, but in order to best figure out what size and shape will work best for you, your surgeon will assess:
- Breast width
- Breast tissue quality
- Skin elasticity
- Amount of existing breast tissue
- Your height
- Your body frame size
By the end of your consultation, you should understand what is your ideal implant size and style.
The trend in breast implant size has changed
Bigger used to be better, but today, most patients choose balance over boom. That’s where Dr. Serebrakian’s experience, surgical skills and an eye for aesthetics can help you achieve your goal for augmentation surgery.
When it comes to achieving the body of your dreams, plenty of people tend to focus on their weight. But not you. You couldn’t be happier with the way your body looks – but if you could change just one thing about your body, you’d have bigger breasts.
If you’re interested in breast augmentation, you’re not alone. Breast enlargements – more commonly referred to as “boob jobs” – are among the most common cosmetic procedures in the world. In the United States alone, almost 350,000 women undergo the procedure each year. Whether you were born with a naturally small chest or a medical procedure left you with only one or no breasts, breast augmentation can restore your confidence by giving you the body you’ve always wanted.
At Bay Area Laser Cosmetic Surgery Center, a certified and accredited surgery center, with locations in Larkspur, CA and Pinole, CA, and serving Berkeley, Martinez, San Francisco, Marin, and all of the Bay Area, Armen Serebrakian, M.D., a well-trained and experienced board-certified surgeon, can provide you with a high-quality breast enlargement procedure.
No matter what you’re looking for from your breast augmentation experience, Dr. Serebrakian can provide you with the ultimate cosmetic experience in the Bay area. Here’s what you can expect from your time at Bay Area Laser Cosmetic Surgery Center:
- You’ll meet with Dr. Serebrakian to undergo a breast augmentation consultation. During this consultation, you’ll decide whether you want saline implants or silicone implants. Saline implants are filled with a saline liquid and can provide a more natural feel. Silicone implants are made of a silicone shell, which contains the silicone liquid. Depending on the look you want, Dr. Serebrakian will help you decide between the two types of implants.
- After deciding on what you want, Dr. Serebrakian will schedule your procedure. You’ll be placed under a general anesthesia during breast augmentation procedure, which will last for a few hours. During the procedure, Dr. Serebrakian will make incisions around the nipples or under the breasts. Depending on the anatomy, the implants will be placed over or under the muscle wall of chest, which helps the breasts maintain a more natural look and feel.
- During the recovery stage, you’ll need to wear a special bra for six to twelve weeks. You’ll also need to minimize your movement, which includes cutting down on rigorous exercise and heavy lifting. It’s recommended that patients take several days off of work for recovery.
If you’re ready to achieve the body you’ve always wanted, visit Dr. Serebrakian at Bay Area Laser Cosmetic Surgery Center to schedule a breast augmentation consultation. Simply fill out the form in the top left corner or call 510-724-8282 for the East Bay office or 415-461-5755 for the North Bay office.