Face and Neck Liposuction
FACE/NECK CONTOURING AND LIPOSUCTION
Neck Contouring is a cosmetic procedure for the removal of fatty tissue or loose skin around the neck. There are two options for removing fat from the neck area: liposuction and cervicoplasty (also known as “platysmaplasty,” “neck lift,” or “lower facelift.”)
Patients who have good skin elasticity but excessive fat in the neck are often good candidates for liposuction. Once the fat is removed, the neck appears tighter and younger looking.
- Three to four millimeter incisions are made under the chin and behind each earlobe
- The area to be sculpted is then infiltrated with our “super wet” solution
Microlipoplasty is a better alternative than traditional liposuction because it allows for a smaller area to be precisely targeted with a very small cannula under local anesthesia. The end result is often better than traditional liposuction. By using small cannulas, patients can achieve the look they want, with this minimally invasive surgery.
- There is a feeling of “tightness” under the neck initially, but that will subside during the healing process
- There are no stitches to be removed
Patients who have extra fat in the neck area and loose or excessive neck skin will require more than liposuction to get the look they desire. The procedure that needs to be done in these cases is called a “cervicoplasty,” “platysmaplasty,” “neck lift,” or “lower facelift.”
- Cervicoplasty can be performed as a stand-alone procedure or in conjunction with a facelift
- Intravenous sedation or general anesthesia may be employed, but it’s generally done with local anesthesia
- A cervicoplasty employs limited incisions beneath the chin and behind the ears to remove loose skin and fat
- The underlying platysma muscle will be tightened to ensure the area will remain firm and smooth
The results of this surgery can be stunning. The change not only enhances the facial profile but also creates a more youthful appearance. It is a great solution for those with excess skin, droopy skin, or those who want a tighter, firmer look.
- Recovery is virtually painless
- Swelling and discoloration usually subside within 7 to 10 days
Removal of sutures or for all recoveries , patient should be advised to consult with Dr Serebrakian.
- You can generally return to normal activities within three to four days
Schedule a consultation
At Bay Area Cosmetic Laser Surgery Center, we look forward to helping you diminish the signs of aging and restore a youthful and rejuvenated appearance to your face. To schedule a consultation, please call us at our Pinole Office (510) 724-8282 or our Larkspur Office (415) 461-5755 today. Dr Armen Serebrakian serves San Francisco, Larkspur, Pinole CA and surrounding areas.