Many adult men and women struggle with obtaining their ideal body weight. Others may find that they have fat on specific areas of the body that impact the way they look and feel about themselves. Some areas, such as the abdominal area, can be difficult to improve with diet and exercise alone. This is why patients visit with Dr. Armen Serebrakian of the Bay Area Laser Cosmetic Surgery Center to learn about traditional liposuction.
How liposuction works
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that is performed to suction fat cells from the body to improve body contours. It is not a weight loss solution, but rather a body contouring option for patients dealing with fat cells in unwanted areas of the body. Our team of professionals invite patients to learn more about this procedure, which can take fat out of specific areas to target the specific problem. In some cases, patients may use this extracted fat and inject it elsewhere on the body to improve shape and fullness, such as the buttocks.
The benefits of liposuction
There are several benefits to performing liposuction. Liposuction is:
- Safe and effective at treating areas of the body that have excess fat cells
- Used on many different areas of the body, including the stomach, arms, and thighs
- Performed under the care and attention of our experienced plastic surgery professional
- Used to improve the curves of the body for a more sculpted appearance
- Best performed on patients who are within 20-30 pounds of their ideal body weight
- Performed on patients who understand this procedure is not for weight loss, but body sculpting
- An effective way to address specific areas that are not improving with traditional diet and exercise
- Sometimes combined with skin removal procedures, such as the tummy tuck, to address excess skin after fat removal
Discuss liposuction with Dr. Armen Serebrakian today
If you live in the areas of Pinole or Larkspur, CA and want to speak to a professional about the benefits of liposuction, the team at Bay Area Laser Cosmetic Surgery Center welcomes you! Call one of our two locations in East Bay and North Bay to request a consultation.